Selling Your Home: Why Use a Realtor?
Some homeowners are tempted to try selling their property without the help of a real estate agent (this is called FSBO: For Sale By Owner). The reality is that selling real estate is a complex and highly specialized field. If you are like most, your home is your biggest asset. A Realtor will help steer you clear of the many pitfalls, and most importantly, will save you time and money. Here are just a few of the advantages of working with a Realtor:
- Your Realtor knows real estate values in your neighbourhood and will help set an agreeable and competitive price on your home.
- Your Realtor will establish a marketing strategy for your home ensuring that your property is exposed to scores of potential buyers.
- Your Realtor takes care of the many tasks involved in selling a house (everything from putting up the for sale sign and taking care of paperwork). This saves you time and ensures that the transaction is simple and low-stress for you.
- Your Realtor is an expert in the home selling process and as such will advise you of your rights, options and obligations.
- Your Realtor is an experienced negotiator and will work to get you the best price possible.
- Your Realtor has access to all of the latest tools, technology and tricks of the trade.
- Your Realtor can recommend the best ways to improve your home's curb appeal.
- Your Royal LePage Realtor has the support of a national firm and a network of contacts and expertise.